I'm going to list all the little(and big) weight loss victories I've achieved so far- I don't want them to have all been in vain.
- Lost 17.5lb. That's a stone and a quarter. That's equivalent to the weight of an average gallon of paint, and an average newborn(or a very painty baby in other words). That's Awesome!
- I went on holiday to France and actually managed to lose half a pound. As a vegetarian. In France. With a breakfast buffet that included UNLIMITED BRIOCHE.
- Whilst in France I didn't order a single pudding. And they're just about the only form of french food I actually like. I had one spoonful (ok 2 spoonful's...but still) of my dad's creme brulee. And that was it.
- Also whilst in France I was on the fourth floor of the hotel. And I took the stairs. Everytime when I wasn't carrying my luggage or completely knackered from a day walking around everywhere I took the stairs. Up AND down.
- I went to Latitude festival and lost weight. And they have doughnut stalls. FRESH SUGARY DOUGHNUTS. AND I DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR THEM!!!!!!
- At Latitude festival my friend offered her chips to me to share. I took one. I ate it. I enjoyed it. I left it at just that one.
- My jeans have gotten so loose I had to actually buy a belt.
- My skin is improving massively- to the point where I actually notice what difference different foods make to my skin( I.e. in france when i was eating greasy cheesy stuff the spots returned...with a vengeance.)
- I WENT SWIMMING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO YEARS. And didn't feel self conscious. I'm still awful at swimming mind you.
- I have actually gotten rid of clothes because they were too big for me. And I know I'm not going to fit back into them ever again.
- I now crave vegetables more than ever. Which is a good thing.
- I've tried new fruit and veg- like butternut squash( OMNOMNOM) and passion fruit (OMNOMNOM).
- Gotten much better at making varied meals from scratch!
- Can now recognise portion sizes fairly accurately.
- I'm currently taking in one of my swing dresses which has gotten too big for me( when I first bought it I had to take it out as it was too small).
- Positive comments from many people saying I look much better/the weight loss is noticeable.
- Learning how to say NO THANK YOU.
But it's a very good start I think.