Tuesday 4 May 2010

Tipping Point

First things first. I gained. Again. Half a pound. Its totm so I know I shouldn't beat myself up about it too much, but I actually cried when I waled out of my meeting today.
Last week I gained 4 and a half pounds. I knew why I'd gained them, but I had no reason for it. I wasn't as bothered as I should have been. But this half a pound was the tipping point. Enough is enough.
Seriously.

I need to get this considerably oversized ass in gear.

However. And this is a BIG however. On saturday morning I am flying to Holland. For a six week project. Therefore - No meetings. Super hard to calculate points. Cant bring all my trusty scales and recipe books with me. I can see this going horribly wrong.
Does anyone have any advice on how to stay on track? And what decent veggie food there is in Holland? That doesn't consist primarily of cheese...
Any tips would be welcomed.

But I AM determined to stay on track as best I can.

Partly because I JUST GOT MY FIRST EVER BLOG AWARD!

Thank you Fatlittleblackdog !
So here's what I have to do...

1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award ever!
2. Choose one of the following options of accepting the Oh My Blog! award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a “soundtrack of your childhood” post.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog where you’re basically talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it.
3. Pass the award onto at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers and let them know.



I'm choosing option 2. This may not be the most embarrassing thing EVER but it happened last week and it still makes me cringe just thinking about it. Ok, here goes.....


Ikickedapineconeatanoldladyinthestreet

I am a bad person. By accident. IT WAS BY ACCIDENT. You see the pavement was totally clear, as spotless as a pavement can be. But lying there was one colossal great pinecone. Just sitting there. Mucking up the pavement.
It seemed to be taunting me...
"Look how round and prickly I am. Like an inanimate hedgehog. Only without the squee factor. Kick me. KICK ME. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND SHINY KICK ME NOW!"
My vision focussed solely on it's presence, I became unaware of all that surrounded me. I had only one goal in life. To kick this pinecone as vigourously as I could to see how far it could possibly go.
I didn't see the old lady walking towards me.


But she evidently heard me cry "LOOK AT THE PINECONE!" as I ran towards it, flailing my limbs every which way.
I drewe my leg back, and with more power than I have ever kicked anything(which is not actually very much power at all) I kicked the cone. And it flew towards her. And didn't stop. 
When it was halfway through the air I noticed her. And I noticed the pinecone's distinct lack of stopping. I think I looked a little something like this:

It didn't hit her in the face. That would have been horriffic as opposed to embarrasing. But it did bounce off her legs and into the road. She laughed. I nearly cried. Never, EVER will I forget the day I kicked a pinecone at a pensioner.

And finally- the three worthy people I bestow this award upon....
*drum roll*

1)The fabulous Ms Bitch Cakes   She's won plenty of awards already but she is, and continues to be, one of the most inspiring bloggers I know.
2) The Kittehs for the giggles :)
3) And finally http://101reasonsihatebeingfat.blogspot.com/ for always giving me motivation and ideas when I'm lacking in either!



3 comments:

  1. Heh heh,


    I have done exactly the same before except it was a rock and the person I hit did NOT laugh.

    This is totally what I'd call a classic embarassing moment, at the time it's just mortifying!

    BD

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend once kicked a baby rabbit that ran up her leg...it flew about 10 metres...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mwah ha ha! I feel your pain, thats the sort of thing that i would end of doing!

    I hope Holland is going well for you and that the half a pound has disappeared!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete